The Holy Angels Congregational Center
The Marianites of Holy Cross came to Louisiana in 1849. In 1853, they purchased the property known today as Holy Angels Congregational Center.
Over the years the Marianites, assisted by many generous people, have consistently ministered to God’s people at this, our original foundation in Louisiana. This is the site where Our Lady of Holy Cross College had its beginning.
Holy Angels Congregational Center now houses the Administrative Offices of the Marianites of Holy Cross, Holy Angels Convent, St. Joseph Convent, Our Lady of Sorrows Chapel, the cafeteria/Concert Hall and Holy Angels Apartments (independent living for low-income elderly aged 62 or older) is also on the grounds. It is our hope that the services we offer will enable all God’s people to come to a greater understanding of the peace and joy that can be found by taking time to come away to our Oasis in the Ninth Ward.
- Days of Reflection
- Group Meetings (10 – 100)
* There are NO overnight facilities for groups.
The Holy Angels Congregational Center is available for special events, such as presentations, meetings, and retreats. The grounds are easily accessible, with wheelchair access. For detailed information regarding our facilities, and suggested donations, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 504-945-1620, ext. 228.
SUGGESTED DONATIONS for USE OF BUILDINGS:
OUR LADY OF SORROWS CHAPEL
Full Day $200 Half Day $125 CAPACITY 100
Full Day $150 Half Day $70 CAPACITY 75
additional $50 for use of steam table
Full Day $200 Half Day $100 CAPACITY 100
We reserve the right to require a deposit and a certificate of insurance.
Rooms are available for Private and Directed Retreats.
CONTACT: Sister Joyce Hanks, MSC at ph: 504-945-1620 ext.228 or email: email@example.com
- From the Westbank: Take Slidell Exit to I-10. Exit Claiborne. Stay on Claiborne to Gallier Street. Take right – Travel down Gallier to the parking lot located on the corner of Gallier and St. Claude.
- From N.O. East: Take I-10 West to Franklin Exit. Take left onto Franklin. Stay on Franklin (cross St. Claude) to North Rampart. Take left – Travel down Gallier to the parking lot located on the corner of Gallier and St. Claude.
- From Metairie (I-10, 610): Take 610 to Franklin Exit. Take right onto Franklin. Stay on Franklin (cross St. Claude) to North Rampart. Take left – Travel down Gallier to the parking lot located on the corner of Gallier and St. Claude.
- From Central N.O.: Take North Rampart at Canal. Rampart becomes St. Claude. Gallier crosses St. Claude at 3500 St. Claude. Turn right onto Gallier. Enter parking lot on Gallier, second gate is the entrance.
You may use Gallier Street, Congress Street, and North Rampart Street for additional parking.